Server Requirements for Sites set up on Different Servers
Below are the requirements for hosting offserver. If you are hosting with a different company please make sure they meet all the general requirements at the bottom.
SETUP REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL NON-BLUDOMAIN SERVERS:
Please answer the following:
1. What version of PHP does your server have? (php4.xx or php5.xx)
2. What is your ftp host name or ip?
3. what is your ftp user name?
4. what is your ftp password?
5. what is your control panel url?**
6. what is your control panel username?
7. what is your control panel password?
8. what is your hosting company url?
9. if your domain name is not propogated what link can we view this hosting account at?
10. Does your server meet *ALL* of the below requirements?
11. Does your server have *all php settings* already set?*****
** control panel is needed to add/edit the mysql database. If there is no control panel then we need the database host, name, user, and password to be sent to us, and the database must allow remote connections from desktop programs such as mysql-front.
***** if the server doesn't have the settings pre-set to our specifications, please note whether we need to edit a php.ini file or a .htaccess file to set the settings locally
REQUIREMENTS:::Please confirm with your server that they meet the following requirements:
1. PHP 4.xx or 5.xx with:
a. safe-mode must be disabled (turned off)
b. register_globals must be set to on
c. max_upload_filesize set to 6MB or above (or .htaccess
files that can change the php.ini settings for individual
accounts must be supported)
d. extensions_dir setting in php.ini MUST EXIST. *** very important ***
For windows servers this folder must be located
on the same drive as the document root and scripts directory.
e. SecFilterEngine must equal Off
SecFilterScanPOST must equal Off
f. php must have php gd library installed
g. session_path must be set to a folder that exists
h. thread safety must be set to Off
3. server must allow emails to be sent via php script to any email address, and from any email address
4. server must support MYSQL and must have at least 1 mysql database available (2 are required for interface 27)
IF ANY OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT MET YOUR SITE WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY